Pre Wedding Skin Care Tips
Skin care is such an important aspect of wedding makeup artistry. I find that while lots of brides have great skin that is pretty much free of any major blemishes or skin conditions such as hyper-pigmentation, eczema, rosacea and such, there are still some who suffer from minor breakouts to cystic acne. Taking care of your skin during the months prior to your wedding is essential if you are hoping to have a beautiful, glowing complexion for your special day. So, what’s a girl to do? Well, first, you can check out the blog that I wrote on how to get perfect wedding day skin. This is a great starting point for creating an appropriate skin care regimen for yourself. Here are a few more tips for you to follow to get your skin on track before your wedding day:
1. In addition to having a skin care regimen that is right for your skin, its totally important for you to actually FOLLOW that regimen. I mean, why have a great set of skin care products that will essentially give you the skin that you know you could have, and not use those products?
2. As I mentioned in my previous blog about this topic, it’s always a great idea to schedule regular facials with a trusted skin care specialist. Your skin care specialist can help you with creating a skin care regimen that is right for you and your specific concerns. They can also provide skin care treatments for you that will help to rid you of any dead skin that might be blocking beautiful, radiant skin underneath. Also, breakouts on the body are not uncommon, and having body treatments done by your skin care specialist can help you to feel more confident showing off that sexy back and shoulders in your gorgeous strapless or backless dress.
3. Make an appointment with a dermatologist. Some situations are meant for the heavy hitting pros. If you have cystic acne or a really bad case of rosacea or eczema, you may need to seek medical help. A dermatologist is able to prescribe medications and medical strength products that can help clear your skin up.
4. Drink more water. Obviously. Water flushes out the toxins in your body and keeps you and your skin hydrated. Your skin cells contain mostly water, so if you are dehydrated, your skin will reflect that. When you’re dehydrated, your skin will feel dry and tight, and you fine lines and wrinkles will be more visible.
5. Eat right. It sounds so simple, but let’s face it, we’re all on the go and its so easy to just eat things that aren’t totally good for us. When you’re putting healthy foods inside of your body, the outside of your body will reflect that as well. Start eating more leafy greens, dark orange, and red veggies, fish, lean meat,and nuts. Your skin and your body will thank you.
Remember, makeup can be applied and unwanted features can be masked, but as I’ve said before, your makeup will only look as good as the skin its applied to. By taking great care of your skin, you’ll make your wedding makeup artist’s job easier, but more than that, you’ll feel better and more confident on such an important day in your life.